Friday Varia and Quick Hits
It’s a rainy and maybe even snowy Friday morning for my Varia.
- This is a cool review of the iPad, and this makes me feel just a bit guilt about owning one.
- ProfHacker always has clever, interesting, and useful stuff. Although I think their Open Thread Wednesday, should be Open Thread Thursday.
- The events in Greece this past week (really this past year) are really sad and stressful. I hope that the country finds ways a way out of its difficult time with a minimum of violence and in a way that is equitable for all of Greek society. (And I do realize that this statement is banal and a cop-out)
- While I write this, I’m listening to Australia v. India, and Australia is off to a good start. (Right now, Australia has launched three balls outside of the grounds, but Shane Watson just got out.)
- I’m tempted to try to figure out an excuse to use Prezi.
- I’m pretty happy with my new HTC Incredible, but Android will take some getting used to. I can’t quite figure out how to integrate Google Docs with Android yet. Any tips?
- I keep forgetting to post a link to this good, local blog: Philosophical Questions Every Day.
- A nice short post on Social Networks and Higher Ed with a local focus.
- More on the Logo and Nickname (and this will be endless). The good thing is that there will be more committees.
- We can now experiment with embedding tweets in blog posts.
- If you haven’t checked out our new series of blog posts on Teaching Thursday featuring the reflections of first year faculty here at UND, you should.
- This is reading and review day!
Categories: Varia and Quick Hits